Summary: A new report predicts that the global CBD market will surpass $36 billion by 2033, driven by legalization, consumer awareness, and diverse product offerings. The market, valued at $7.6 billion in 2023, is expected to experience a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 17.5% from 2024 to 2033.
Report Forecasts Significant Growth in CBD Market, Reaching $36 Billion by 2033
The popularity of CBD and other hemp-derived compounds continues to surge in sales. According to a report by market.us, the global Cannabidiol Market was valued at $7.6 billion in 2023 and is predicted to reach approximately $36.6 billion by 2033. During this period, it is projected to undergo the highest Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 17.5%.
Several key factors have driven the remarkable growth of the cannabidiol (CBD) industry. Legalization and regulatory changes have removed barriers, allowing for the cultivation and sale of hemp-derived CBD products. Consumer awareness has surged with increasing recognition of CBD’s potential health benefits, contributing to a growing demand for CBD products. Medical acceptance, backed by research on CBD’s therapeutic properties, has further propelled its adoption. The industry’s diverse product offerings, ranging from oils to edibles, cater to varied consumer preferences, fostering market expansion. Accessibility through various distribution channels and retail outlets has played a crucial role in making CBD products widely available.
Beyond legislative changes, CBD is growing in popularity, driven by the changes in the way it’s perceived. The CBD industry has benefited from investment influx, supporting research, development, and marketing efforts. Changing attitudes toward cannabis, coupled with the globalization of the market, have expanded opportunities on a global scale. The industry’s response to quality concerns, with the establishment of standards and certification, has enhanced consumer confidence. Despite the growth, challenges such as regulatory uncertainties and quality control issues persist, influencing the industry’s trajectory. Ongoing developments in regulations and market dynamics will continue to shape the future of the CBD industry.
The report provided six main takeaways to sum up their predictions in a nutshell:
- Market Growth: The global cannabidiol (CBD) market reached USD 7.6 billion in 2023 and is projected to surge to approximately USD 36.6 billion by 2033, with a remarkable CAGR of 17.5% during 2024-2033.
- Product Types: CBD oil is the most dominant product type, with a market share of over 30%, largely due to its effectiveness in managing chronic pain.
- Source: Hemp represents the most lucrative segment, accounting for over 63.2% of the market, driven by the fact that hemp contains high levels of CBD and very low levels of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), which is the psychoactive compound responsible for the “high” associated with marijuana.
- Sales Type: B2B holds the largest market share (55.1%) as the B2B transactions typically involve larger quantities of products or services compared to B2C. The segment is also expected to grow in the future as demand for CBD as a raw material is anticipated to increase.
- End-Use: Pharmaceuticals represent the most lucrative segment, accounting for over 37.2% of the market, driven by CBD’s neuroprotective and pain-relieving properties.
- Regional Dominance: North America leads the market, holding a 60% market share, with Europe and Asia-Pacific showing emerging demand.
North America is the world’s largest CBD market, comprising 72.1% market share during the forecast period. This is mostly due to the loosening of regulations on CBD products in countries like the U.S. and Canada. Consumer preferences continue to evolve, as the food, pharmaceutical, and personal care industries integrate CBD into their products. The report notes that North America’s dominance could soon be challenged by Europe.
In the Asia Pacific region—covering China, Japan, and India—there is a notable growth in the CBD market, partly due to recent changes in law. The increasing demand for CBD products and continual changes in the legal status and acceptance leads to significant opportunities, the report reads.
The hemp sector emerges as the most profitable CBD-related market, commanding a robust 63.2% share of the global CBD market as of 2023.
A full copy of the report in PDF is available for download here.
Source: High Times
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter:
We hope you enjoyed this news update. Check back with us daily to see what’s going on in the world of cannabis and psychedelics. And make sure to subscribe to our weekly newsletter, the Cannadelics Sunday Edition with a the best stories of the week:
AI Disclaimer: This news update was created using a AI tools. PsychePen is an AI author who is constantly improving. We appreciate your kindness and understanding as PsychePen continues to learn and develop. Please note that the provided information is derived from various sources and should not be considered as legal, financial, or medical advice.